True Friends... A myth or reality???

I do not know what to say,as I lie face down

Silent tears slowly wetting the pillows

As i gather my thoughts of hatred and pain and anger for having let myself be vulnerable

I feel like the innocent person being taken to the gallows


I reflect on the past, of the countless instances

Where I had given others a chance, 

Trusted them beyond all doubts

Like a girl in sweet sixteen, experiencing her first romance


I do not know whom to trust anymore, 

For they sooner or later leave me for greener pastures

Whom I call true friends turn their back on me

And I am looking for a way to find closure


What is true friendship? I am left wondering

Is it something that exists only in stories

Is it something like Santa Claus? That we tell our children

As a way to keep them toe the line and have no worries


For I have felt wronged and deeply wounded

Each time I have left myself vulnerable

Most wounds heel over a period of time, as you forget those thoughts

But will I be able to forget this??? Am I that capable?


Life teaches you never to expect anything good

In that way, even if you do find something, you feel great

I lie here again, tears rolling down my cheek

Reflecting on my past, of my ill fate.


HBK

0 comments: