Musings of a jobless mind

I can't feel the difference between yesterday and today
I can't discern the changes in night and day
I try to break the shackles, but it keeps binding ever so tighter
I try to escape from this quicksand, but it keeps pulling me ever so deeper.

Many have tried and many have failed
To make sense out of this mundane world
Yet, I still hope that one day I can crack the code
before it is too late, before all hell breaks loose

I try to keep my emotions in check, failing spectacularly all the time
I hope to keep going, even when my knees are giving themselves away
I press the panic button, hoping for someone to come for my aid
As that is all I can do, keep your faith and pray

One day, I might actually succeed, might sprout wings to soar
Far away from this insanity, this craziness that engulfs me
And one day, I might be able to look back and smile on all things gone by
The journey might have been rough,
But hey, atleast I got the window seat to enjoy the view.

0 comments: